Monday, April 18, 2011

To Coachella? or not to Coachella? That is the question that I may have an answer for.

Looking at all those Coachella pictures and reading the recaps today (Ssshh don’t tell the boss I slacked a little during my working hours) made me realize that I will not very likely be in attendance for a music festival like Coachella and it goes beyond my being kinda poor (woah, that is the first time I have said those words. Suddenly feel very thirsty). Hmmm car payment? Coachella ticket? That is depressing. Ok, so not exactly Sophie’s choice, but still a choice nonetheless.
This year I was fortunate to be able to watch some of the performances in the comfort of my own desk chair, in comfortable temperature, with the right lighting, and no judgmental eyes during my self-slow dancing during Ellie’s set. (I know what you are thinking “her music isn’t for slow dancing, and I am pretty sure there is no ass smacking in slow dancing” but let me ask you this: “Can you not tell my mom about this? Thanks!)
List of reasons I wouldn't attend a festival if I could afford it is, coincidentally, the same list of things I don’t particularly enjoy about festivals (of music or other) which includes, but is not limited to:
-A lot of walking/standing. I can't even do that at Disneyland very well. I am lazy, old, and lazy;
-The crowds. I don’t do very well with all those people around me at once. It could be dangerous for them;
-Camping out. No thanks. I am not an overnight camper type person. It’s not the bed that I need, it’s the showers…err um not that I NEED showers, I just need them. I desire them, I don’t require them. I think. I don’t know what I’m saying. I’m pretty sure I don’t smell bad, most of the time. Plus I need somewhere to flush away the sin I eat; and last but not least
-I have come to the conclusion that I don’t like to share my music addiction with that many people. I like my shows to be intimate and with a high number of awkward glances shared with any and all band members. I feel like Sia's cellist still needs to call me.
Now, does anyone have Lissie’s number? I wanna ask her to come play a show in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment